This is the place to find details
regarding the DJ activities of
Phast Phreddie the Boogaloo Omnibus.
Check this page frequently
to see what’s going on in
the Boogaloo Omnibus world!!
- Friday May 27: Hi-Fi: In Focus will take place at The Commodore. Super boss sixties records–and some that sound like it–played at 45 RPM all night long. Hosted by Phast Phreddie the Boogaloo Omnibus, guest DJ will be Elevator Operator, who now has a groovy show on Tuesday afternoons on the WFMU Ichiban called “What’s Happening?!?!?” that totally swings with sixties rebop! Check out that scene here: https://wfmu.org/playlists/AT Plus, Mr. Operator plays in two of the best Brooklyn-based rock’n’roll bands currently going: Quitty & the Don’ts and The Above.
This is going to be very groovy night. It all happens at The Commodore (366 Metropolitan Avenue, Williamsburg, Brooklyn). Action starts at 11pm. No cover. Fried Chicken!
• Saturday May 28: Sofisticated Savage: Host Drew Redmond and guest Phast Phreddie the Boogaloo Omnibus jam the dog with soul, garage and R&B 45s all night long. It all happens at the Bar Below Rye (247 S 1st Street, Williamsburg, Brooklyn). Actions starts at ten and goes until who knows when! No cover. Bring a sense of adventure!!
- May 29, Sunday: THE BIG TEN INCH – Phast Phreddie the Boogaloo Omnibus hosts this marvelous gathering of 78 RPM aficionados who will spin their shellac and devour pizza right in front of your eyes! There is nothing else in the world like THE BIG TEN INCH! Dig the really old noise the way goddess intended it to be played! It all happens at the Hi-Fi Bar (169 Avenue A, East Village, NY). No cover. Bring 78s!
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE FIFTH SUNDAY, NOT THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED FOURTH SUNDAY!!!
Facedog action: https://www.facebook.com/events/1680693775514802/
• Friday June 3: Rip! Rig! Panic! Host Nogood Nick has once again asked Phast Phreddie the Boogaloo Omnibus to wail with him at the elegantly appointed Robert Bar. They will swing with mod jazz and organ grooves early and jump it up with funk and soul records by midnight. It all happens at the Robert Bar (112 Bond Street, Boerum Hill, Brooklyn). Action starts around 10pm. No cover. Excellent drinks!
Facedog action: https://www.facebook.com/events/121951941551478/
- June 4, Saturday: WHAM-O WATUSI swings all night, all frantic. Host Phast Phreddie the Boogaloo Omnibus and special guest Nogood Nick will keep the place jumping with wild watusi music. Savage rhythms for a savage species! It all happens at The Bootleg Bar (1438 Myrtle Avenue, Bushwick, Brooklyn.) No cover!
Facedog action here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1782792355283245/
• Sunday June 5: New York Night Train SUNDAY SOUL SCREAM: This is an early Sunday evening of dancing and drinking to groovy old soul and R&B records hosted by Jonathan Toubin with guest DJs Sheila B (WFMU), Reyes Rodriguez (Norton Records) and Phast Phreddie the Boogaloo Omnibus. Dig: tropical drinks, tacos, sunshine, moonshine, scream therapy! Note the early start time. It all happens on the roof top of Our Wicked Lady (153 Morgan Avenue, Bushwick, Brooklyn). Action starts at 5PM and goes until somebody stop us!! This is a New York Night Train presentation. (FYI, The Boog is scheduled to swing promptly at 8pm.)
Facedog action: https://www.facebook.com/events/496654510545763/
Mr. Toubin will be hosting these roof-top events each Sunday all summer long. If you can’t make this one, make the next!